21 January 2015

Dolls House

When I was a little girl I had a dolls house, made by my father. It had four large rooms, hallways and lighting. I decorated and furnished it, but because I didn’t play with it all the time my father got rid of it. I cried for days.
Many decades later I was passing a dollshouse shop and saw this one in the window, reduced for a quick sale because it had faded. It was a bargain. Before I knew it I was in the shop buying it! That was in 2008.

Over the next 5 years (in between other projects, hobbies and life etc.) I lovingly decorated and furnished it.
I replaced the faded roof tile paper and the brick paper at the front.



Most of the wallpaper for the rooms was samples from DIY stores, or wrapping paper. 


I used squares of felt for some of the flooring

 and furniture was purchased in the sale when the dollshouse shop closed, 
online or from other dollshouse shops. 




I can't go any further with it now though so I bought another one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...