7 January 2015

My First Trip to Oz

Oh my word, my first trip to Australia was 20 years ago!! visiting friends who had emigrated. It was such a wonderful holiday, I remember it in detail. There have been many changes since then, although looking at these photos the buildings are the same, just the exteriors are more modern and of course my photography is better. This was long before I made the transition from 35 mm to digital so the images are reproductions of my original photos. 
12/3/94 Arrived in Perth. I vividly remember how I felt as I stepped off the plane - I loved the feeling of being enveloped in warmth. We spent the first few days at our friends' home in Fremantle.



South Terrace and my friend Sue's Saab.
I loved that car, she picked up a few speeding tickets in it! 

Town Hall

Fremantle hotel

And sightseeing in Perth. Perth is a beautiful city. 
I'm sure there are some areas that are run down and not very nice, every city has them,
but each time I have visited I have found it very clean, welcoming and modern,
combined with history as well.

WA Police Pipe Band


Bell Tower

Black swan on Swan River

Perth by night

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...