3 May 2018

Buster's Diary

Hooray it's Spring again! 
We had a couple of weeks of glorious weather. SL was wearing short sleeved t-shirts,
 then it turned chilly and she was back in long sleeves and a gilet - I bet you're impressed that I know that word! and now it's glorious sunshine again.

Everywhere is turning green with new buds and shoots appearing. It's beautiful.


Bluebell wood is ... (yes you've guessed ) full of sweet scented blooms.


We met this lovely friendly, handsome girl/guy a few weeks ago when it was very cold, very wet

and very muddy

These teddy bears just appeared on top of the pallets, they have been soaked
by rain and buried under snow. I wonder how long they will be there. 
That huge bonfire has been there for years, the farmer just keeps adding to it.
It too has been rained on and buried in snow, it never goes out.
I think it has something to do with the core of it being so hot that it just keeps going.

I love this huge pile of manure, I spend ages sniffing around it.

WARNING AHEAD

don't look if you're squeamish.

Poor Rufus has injured himself again, 


he has cut one of his pads. He didn't do it on the morning walk, 
Polly thinks he did it in the garden, rushing out hoping to find a cat
We're a hardy lot, and confident that it will heal ok.

He's leaving little drops of blood all over the house, thank goodness we don't have carpets. 
He has got some on a rug though but it's an old one and going to be replaced this year.

He's happy sleeping in the sunshine


And here we are, before he hurt himself, full of the joys of spring. 
He will soon be back to running around again.

This coming weekend is a bank holiday one here in the UK, 
historically the weather is bad but the forecast for this one is good. 
Wherever you are I hope you have  a great weekend.

~Be warm and well ~
Buster
🐾

8 comments:

  1. I love the horse(?) She looks like she's just placidly enjoying the weather, whatever it may bring.

    As you say, good job you don't have carpets, or you'd be frantically trying to protect them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lets call the horse she. She was lovely, but only in that field for a few weeks. The nearby stables had an outbreak of strangles so the horses were evacuated. We haven't seen her since.

      Delete
  2. I do hope the foot heals quickly!! Lovely photos and I don't believe we have bluebells here near me at least. However, I do have lots of blooms and it makes me quite joyful that spring is finally here! In fact we had a mini heat wave of 90 degree weather that was wilting....I stayed inside with AC on :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow 90 deg, that's my kind of weather. Rufus has had lots of injuries, he runs around like a manic wind up toy, he usually heals well :-)

      Delete
  3. Buster and Rufus are adorable Polly, poor Rufus, hope he's up and running again soon. Bluebell Wood.. how fabulous! Hope you have a super weekend ✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Grace, I'm sure he will. Hope you have a good one too.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful photos, Polly. The poor teddy bears must appreciate the warm weather.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amalia. Yes I think they do, just like us humans, we are enjoying glorious weather at the moment.xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...