9 April 2015

Dolls House No. 2

Dollshouse No. 2 has been sitting around for months with nothing being done to it because of some alterations I wanted to do. It was fine when I bought it, ready assembled and ready to decorate


but I didn’t like the doors or the stairs, so I sprayed them white, which was a good result.





My next project however wasn’t quite so successful - I decided to put windows in the sides of the house. I borrowed a jig saw and set to work. I’ve always been quite good at DIY, either figuring out how to do it myself or asking family or friends for help, so after a quick tutorial on Youtube I thought I would be good to go. Oh dear, BIG mistake, it wasn’t as easy as it looked, I couldn't control the machine very well, it was jigging away in all directions! Eventually I managed to cut the shapes but it made lots of marks which has created more work as now I have to spray the whole of both sides, or, if can’t get a good match of paint, the sides and front! And of course I can’t do it inside because of the odour from the paint, and the time it takes to dry, so I have to wait for a long spell of dry weather to do it outside. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long.

6 comments:

  1. It sounds every bit as trying as decorating a real house! Could be a long-term, time-consuming project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello John, yes it will be. I love it though, and like all my hobbies I will dip in and out of it.

      Delete
  2. I started a doll house for my two daughters, now that they are 39 of 40 it's still not done. Tom The Backroads Traveller

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha, oh dear, that's go to be some kind of record Tom. I think I will finish dollshouse no.2, it might take a long time, but I'm sure I will finish it.

      Delete
  3. That is a big project! I suppose the real fun begins once you get inside?
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Amalia, you're absolutely correct, I love deciding what styles to have, the lighting, decorating and furnishings, it's like a home design project in miniature :-) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...