25 February 2015

The Rock

Having read an article about this iconic restaurant I was excited to be going there for lunch.
 The restaurant, a former fisherman's post, is located on a rock on the edge of 
the Indian Ocean at Michanvi, Pingwe beach, Zanzibar.


It can be reached on foot at low tide, or by boat at high tide.


It's spectacular, unfortunately the same could not be said for the food. My chocolate dessert was good but my lobster was overcooked and poorly presented on a plate of chips with a tired looking meagre salad, and one dish was lukewarm.


It's a beautiful setting though with superb views. I'm glad I went just for the experience. 


11 comments:

  1. Not the sort of place you'd want to be thrown out of...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha, no definitely not, especially at high tide!

      Delete
  2. Its location is so spectacular that I would happily forgive some flaws in the food! :)
    Great photos! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sara, thank you for your comment. Yes I agree, it was a wonderful experience.

      Delete
  3. Fabulous location but the practical side of me is thinking what happens when they have crazy wild weather, it just seems so vulnerable out there :) shame about the food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think about that, I wish I had asked now. It's not far from the shore, but I wouldn't want to be going out to it in the boat in wild weather!

      Delete
  4. Fabulous location but the practical side of me is thinking what happens when they have crazy wild weather, it just seems so vulnerable out there :) shame about the food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zanzibar is certainly a place I would love to discover!
    Always makes me think of Freddy Mercury...!
    Wonderful dream pictures!
    Maybe the lobster had been frozen... Too bad.
    Enjoy your sunday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Noushka, it was a minor disappointment in what was otherwise a dream holiday.

      Delete
  6. Hi Polly - thanks for finding my blog! This place must score 10/10 for location. Shame the food wasn't great - but what an experience; wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike, thank you. Yes it was a fantastic experience, it was idyllic, definately 10/10. The relaxing was exhausting, I worked diligently to perfect it! :-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...